Wednesday, April 10, 2013

"Galileo" to be shown in 70 countries/regions; latest movie to be screened in June

The FujiTV spring 2013 drama "Galileo" starring Fukuyama Masaharu which will begin its run from 15 April, will also be shown in 70 countries/regions in Asia, North America and Europe. Taiwan will be the first to show the drama 2 days after the Japanese broadcast ie. 20 April followed by North America from 2 May, South Korea on 6 May and United Kingdom, Germany and France on 26 June. Hong Kong will follow suit from mid July. The overseas broadcast will come with subtitles.

In addition, "Manatsu no Houteishiki", the latest movie under the Galileo series will be shown on the same day as the Japanese release in Hong Kong i.e. 29 June while it will be screened from 5 July in Taiwan. Fukuyama has also set up an international fanclub "BROS.+" since January this year which is set to help in spreading awareness of the Galileo series.

Source: Sanspo

4 comments:

Caro said...

Is already known on which TV station in Germany the drama will be broadcasted? It will be shown on German TV, or did I missunderstood something? This would be great, but I can't really believe it!

Chiaki said...

Hi Caro, I'm afraid I don't have the answer to your question because the article merely mentioned in which countries will the drama be shown and when the O.A. dates will be. Perhaps when it gets closer to the date for your country, you might want to keep a lookout in your local media to see if there's any news? Of course, if I happen to see any updates to this, I'll share it with everyone through the blog.

Anonymous said...

I saw the TV program today for the 26 june, but sadly (of course) no Galileo in Germany on that day. And I also cannot find any informations for the JDorama Galileo in Germany in the Internet.

I'm not really suprised, after the Drama JIN was also NOT broadcasted in Germany (although they did a big announcement) it was unbelievable for me, that I will see Galileo in Germany. ^^°

Chiaki said...

I'm not sure what exactly happened but I think there could be a couple of possible reasons:

1) the drama's broadcast timeslot was delayed due to whatever reason
2) the drama's broadcast was limited to a small TV station or area so many people may not know about it or there was limited publicity
3) the drama's broadcast rights might not been sold to the countries mentioned in the Japanese articles or something went wrong along the way

Other than that, I really cannot think of any reason why they did not show the drama as promised. It's rare for the Japanese articles to put down specific dates for the broadcast so maybe something may come up later?