Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kaze no Garden's completion press conference

The completion press conference for Kaze no Garden was held on 30 September 08. In actual fact, most dramas' would hold production press conferences but in this case, Kaze no Garden's filming started in April this year and ended just 2 days earlier thus the press conference was termed as a completion press conference. The following are the comments of the cast (only the 4 main cast members) and scriptwriter during the event:

Scriptwriter Kuramoto Sou: 2 years ago, the garden was created and the script was finished last year. It was only until this year that I was able to complete this drama with a brilliant cast lineup and staff team. I believe that this drama is a mature production and I count upon your support.

Nakai Kiichi: I have been working with Director Miyamoto for a long time and she was known as a woman of steel who never shows her tears. We, the cast and staff almost brought her to tears with this production which we had shown close teamwork. It was a very intensive 5 months. Recent drama production press conferences usually feature young actors but this drama is rare to have such a high percentage of middle-aged and elderly actors in the lineup. As such, this is a drama which will be enjoyed by adults and would also attract children. Please enjoy this with your family!

Kuroki Meisa: We conducted our filming in Furano for a long time. If this drama was shot in Tokyo, I believe we wouldn't have spent so much time together. Everyone would stick together even after filming had finished for the day. I feel very comfortable and relieved on the set. Although I do not know how to use words to express my feelings, I think that this has been the best crew so far I have worked with and I feel very blessed to take part. The feeling of happiness will definitely be relayed to the viewers thus please enjoy this drama!

Kamiki Ryuunosuke: This is a very difficult role and I went through many discussions with the director and Kuramoto-sensei before deciding how to potray this role. In addition, I have to memorise many names of flowers and their meanings even though I have never heard or seen them before. With the constant changes in temperature and weather, there would be adjustments to the lines constantly. However, thanks to everyone, I have put in my best effort to play Shiratori Gaku. I have learned many things and enjoyed my time in Furano while being surrounded by flowers. Please watch this drama!

Ogata Ken: Yesterday, I finished filming the last scene with Nakai-san. His acting was compelling and I think this drama will be his signature work. I am very happy to have two brilliant grandchildren (Kuroki Meisa and Kamiki Ryuunosuke) acting with me. This is an excellent piece of work and I hope that you will enjoy it. With regards to the title's characters which were written by me, I didn't want to write that when Kuramoto-san asked me to do it. However, after writing this, it doesn't look that bad after all. (laughs)

No comments: