Thursday, December 13, 2012

Preview of Winter 2013 offerings: Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou (FujiTV)

I will be doing a series of preview posts for the upcoming Winter 2013 dramas and share my thoughts on them. Of course, everyone's views would be different so please don't be offended if I happen to dislike what you are eagerly awaiting to see. Feel free to share your comments on these dramas as well!

Title: Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou
Official site: here
Main cast members: Gouriki Ayame, AKIRA, Takahashi Katsumi
Details on storyline etc: here
Timeslot: Mondays, 9pm
Comments: There's been talk going around that Gouriki is not a good fit for the role (she's more of the bubbly and youthful type while the character is a gentle and quiet girl) or that she got the role because of her agency's bargaining power in the industry. That's exactly the same type of controversy surrounding her colleague Takei Emi who kept getting lead roles despite her drama doing really badly in terms of ratings. I've only watched Gouriki in Mirai Nikki which I would say her acting is passable although there is still a lot of room for improvement. I'm not confident that she can take up a leading role in such a primetime slot so early in her career especially where the ratings pressure is definitely going to be much higher compared to other timeslots. For now, I may watch the first episode to see if it's worth staying on but the cast doesn't have the pulling power to make me stay for the long term as far as I can see now.

No comments: