Sunday, December 16, 2012

Preview of Winter 2013 offerings: Saki (FujiTV)

Title: Saki
Official site not up yet
Main cast members: Nakama Yukie, Miura Shohei, Uchida Yuki, Shonozaki Ken, Kurokawa Mei, Kamakari Ken, Hagiwara Masato, Ishiguro Hideo, Takashima Masanobu
Details on storyline etc: here
Timeslot: Tuesdays 10pm
Comments: Although it's been said that this drama has got nothing to do with Utsukushii Rinjin, I think the central theme is pretty much the same i.e. a beautiful woman causes the lives of men around her to go haywire. I've only watched one episode of Utsukushii Rinjin but it didn't impress me at all so I'm not too keen about this drama doing better than its "predecessor" if the concept is the same.

Another reason for my lack of interest is Nakama Yukie. I don't really dislike her as an actress and there were some roles she did which were very engaging and appealing e.g. Yamada Nao in TRICK and Yankumi in Gokusen. However, anything outside of the comedy world which featured her just didn't resonate with me so that's primarily why I'm usually quite reluctant to check out the dramas she's in.

No comments: